Best place to get overview of Today Page for a newbie

I'm a complete newbie to Goodtask but have used many to do apps in the past, so not new to the concepts. Lately I've been using Microsoft To Do, mainly because I like its 'Today' function that allows you to select a smallish number of tasks just for today (whether they are due today or not). It has other weaknesses though, hence trying Goodtask. Looking at the forum I think something similar to that Today feature exists in Goodtask, in the way of the 'Today Page', but I can't find a good step-by-step guide to it (or the Goals feature) anywhere. It doesn't seem to be mentioned in the Help documentation (that, I have to say, is pretty light on generally).

Can anyone point me, please, to a more complete overview of the app than the Help documentation provides, and specifically to the Today Page feature.

(I'm using Goodtask mainly on Mac until I'm sure it's for me. Then I'll pay for it on iOS as well.)

Hi @djb21au, thanks for using GoodTask.

Today page and Goals page work same on both iOS and Mac. You can check below YouTube video for those 2 pages.

You can check below release notes for some explanation about the features.

https://forum.goodtaskapp.com/t/goodtask-v5-5-release-note

I'm planning to revise Today page in near future so feel free to give any feedback. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks. The video is very helpful, and the feature is powerful – more powerful than the version in Microsoft To Do. In terms of feature requests, I like to plan tomorrow today (i.e. plan tomorrow the night before), so it would be great if after the day finish time, there was the ability to go through the Today process for the next day. Also, I would like the view to today's tasks to be a bit more condensed, similar to the other views.

3 Likes