Drag and drop task without changing the time?

In the example below, when I drag "task with no date at all" in between the two tasks, it sets the time to 6am. I can understand why it would set the date (because both tasks are set to "Today") but I don't want it setting the time to 6am - the time of the task above it.

goodtask-drag-time

Thanks for the feedback. Since tasks are sorted according to sort options, it manages to add values according to the place you've dropped the task. If you don't like the behavior, you can change options inside 'Preferences - Sort'.

Thanks!

Okay, what preference do I need to change so it doesn't set the time? :slight_smile:

I'm trying to figure out what you need.

• If you want to drag and drop with date sort option turned on like your screenshot, it will add date and time since it adds due date according to previous task. If you drop it between two tasks with time, it'll set time in the middle.
  • If you want to move between those 2 tasks without changing the due date, you need to remove 'Date' in sort options completely.

Thanks!

I guess what I want is for it to use the time from the lower task rather than the upper task. So in my example, instead of being "Today, 6:00 AM" it would just be "Today".

Well, it's all connected to other bahaviors so it's hard to change how it works. I'll keep it on the list to consider.

Meanwhile, if you change option to have 'No Time' tasks to 'First' rather than 'Last', dropping task in the middle will not get the time.

Thanks!