How to share and import themes (Edited: v6.5)

Themes

You can use and make customized themes on GoodTask for iOS.

Go into 'Settings - Appearance - Themes' and you can make a theme on 'Theme Maker - Make New Theme'.

Your saved theme will go into the list and you can choose it on places using themes.

To share your theme,

• Go into 'Manage Themes'.
  • Select a theme to share
  • Choose 'Share'
  • Copy the text
  • Post a topic here and paste the text as a link (or share the text to someone or other places)

To import a theme,

• Tap the link on the forum (works for link that's made after v5.8.6).

• Link starts with goodtask3://theme?data=XXX

For previous themes with codes,

• Copy the text code that's been shared by others
    (Tap copy button at the right end if it's one line text or manually copy the code)
    (If you're manually copying the code, make sure you copied all the text. = or == could be missing at the end when it's automatically selected)

• Inside 'Settings - Theme', choose 'Import Theme'.

• If the code is on the pasteboard, it'll ask you to import it or not.

• If it's not on the pasteboard, you can paste it directly in the pop-up.

Widget Themes

You can share and import widget themes like app themes.

• Tap the link on the forum (works for link that's made after v5.8.6).

Link starts with goodtask3://wtheme?data=XXX and importing pop-up will show as you tap it.

Quick Actions and Templates

You can also share Quick Actions and Templates from version 6.5. Link starts with goodtask3://qa?data=XXX for Quick Actions and goodtask3://template?data=XXX for templates.

Quick Actions can be shared inside 'Settings - Quick Actions'. Tap an action and choose Share. You can copy the text and share. Same goes for templates under 'Settings - New Task - Templates'.

Thanks!

Pardon me for being dense, but I see nothing about "settings" in the Mac app, and under themes I get a choice but no sharing/importing. On iOS I see settings/appearance inside the app, but no sharing, and from the settings app on iOS I see nothing appropriate. Am I using the right app?

1 Like

Hi blazes, sorry for the confusion. Customizable themes are for iOS only and you need to go into 'Settings - Appearance - Theme'. Thanks!

Are there any plans to add theme editing ability to the MacOS version?

2 Likes

@Jojobean Currently it's not suitable to customize theme on macOS. I'll keep your feedback on the list to consider. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I'd like too control over custom themes on MacOS.

1 Like