Link to Mail on Mac

If I create a task in Reminders in iOS with a link to an email, the link is present and functional in GoodTask for iOS, but not on GoodTask for Mac. On Mac, the link exists in Reminders, but not GoodTask.

Why is a link created in Reminders in iOS present and functional in GoodTask on iOS, but not on the Mac?

Hi @krpowers, thanks for the feedback.

Info about the link with App Icon on Reminders app is kept differently on iOS and Mac. Apple doesn't share the info directly and it's not accessible on Mac at the moment.

I'll keep an eye on it and will make it possible when it changes.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for responding.

I am just now testing . . . and have seen the exact same issue. I can access the email links in the reminders app but they are non existent in the GoodTask interface.

Thanks!

Hi, I'm testing MacOS (Big Sur) mail.app and GoodTask. I can drag a message from Mail to the GoodTask list window, and a task with working link to the mail message is created and placed in the inbox. That is fantastic and I think the desired behavior.

However, when I drag a mail message from Mail to the GoodTask icon in the dock, a task is created and placed in the Inbox, but there is no link to the mail message.

Hi @PoliticsProf, thanks for the feedback.

Dragging to the app's window and the icon are different actions. I'll check if dragging to icon can have same effect. Thanks!

GoodTask - Mail.app integration almost works for me, but not quite.

1. Using macaoS: if I drag a message from mail.app to the GoodTask list window, GoodTask creates a new task in Inbox list with a link to the message. I can click on the message link and Mail will open the correct message. The task also appears in the inbox of iOS devices with the message link visible and clickable.

2. On iOS, from the Mail app I can use share sheet to share a message to Reminders. GoodTask sees the new task in Inbox with the message link visible in iOS. However as others have reported, the message link is not visible on GoodTask running on MacOS.

3. So, if creating tasks from Mail is an important part of your workflow, you’re better off doing this on a Mac for now, because the new tasks will create mail links that are visible both on Mac and iOS.

1 Like