Mac app: create new task "inline"

In the Mac app, it would be very handy when creating a new task to show the new task right inside the current list, in GoodTask's main window, so that editing could be performed in the sidebar, similar to Reminders.app. (If the newly created task doesn't belong in the current list, then it would disappear once editing was finished.) The popup window that appears when you create a new task isn't as full-featured and so is less convenient; I often just fill in the task title in the popup window and then immediately edit the rest of the task in GoodTask using the sidebar, so it would be nice to get rid of this extra step.

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll keep it on the list to consider. :slight_smile:

As an update to this, even just using the task detail pop-out window for new tasks would be fantastic. This window lets you edit all of the information for tasks, compared to the current new task window which limits you to only certain fields.

1 Like

Another vote for this - I'm trying GoodTask now and was surprised that I couldn't add a task quickly inline. This is expected on all task/productivity tools now, personal and corporate ticketing systems. :slight_smile:

1 Like