Notifications stop working after failed auto snooze on task

Hi,

I have sent beta feedback through the TestFlight link, but also wanted to post here for completeness.

I am currently testing version 7.3 (1025) and am having issues with no longer receiving notifications on tasks. Notifications have always worked perfectly, until yesterday, when I tried setting up a new task with auto snooze. In settings, default auto snooze settings are turned off. Although I expected that single task to work with auto snooze despite this. Unfortunately auto snooze failed to work as expected. Even worse, I am now no longer receiving any notifications on new tasks since trying to get auto snooze to work.

Notifications are set to on in the app. Auto snooze is set to off. In the iOS settings app notifications are set to on and set as Immediate delivery and as Time Sensitive. There is no active Focus session.

The only way to solve this issue is to uninstall and reinstall GoodTask. A hard reset also seems to help. Notifications seem to then come back until I try auto snooze again.

I am unsure whether this is a bug introduced with the beta as I rarely use auto snooze.

I am running iOS 16.0.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm testing this but couldn't reproduce it on my side. I'll look into it more. Let me know if you get to know any other details about the issue. Thanks!

Hi,

Is there an update regarding this ongoing problem for me? I have replied to emails with detailed steps to reproduce but we seem to have reached an impasse. Currently I cannot commit to using GoodTask if the app stops notifying me of tasks. Which is a shame as I am in love with the app otherwise.

Many thanks for your continued support.

Hi @ajph1970, thanks for the feedback.

I'm trying to reproduce it on my side but can't do it at the moment. If you could provide a screen recording to contact@hahaint.com , I'll try to replicate your status as close as possible.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for trying to recreate. I’m sorry that you can’t seem to reproduce the problems I am having. Now though the issue seems to be affecting all tasks and I am no longer getting notifications on iOS 16 at all, even after having d resetting my iPhone and uninstalling and reinstalling GoodTask.

On my Mac all notifications come through but not on my iPhone. iOS 16 appears to have broken my GoodTask notifications but I’m afraid I don’t have any more time to try to sort this out and to spend time recording videos. It is therefore with a heavy heart that for the time being at least I will need to abandon GoodTask and return to OmniFocus full time as my task manager.

Many thanks.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'll look into it more and will investigate to diagnose the issue if possible. If you get to know any other details, please let me know. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for your continued efforts. I have sent you an email with some screenshots on both my iPhone and iPad, showing my settings in GoodTask. I’m not sure if they will help chase down the bug, or the issue with GoodTask on my iPhone, but hopefully they will at least provide some insight into what might be wrong.

Many thanks

Andrew