Order of items in list not syncing

I am trying GoodTask out & so far so good. But, if I change the order of items in a list on my phone it does not change the place of the item on my computer & vice versa. The devices do seem to be syncing as the note that I added to the item is syncing.

Also, I am now getting ..gt3[{"Sort" text on my phone.

Hi @Oswald, thanks for using GoodTask.

It seems like you're using previous versions on your device. Make sure you have the latest version installed on all devices to make it work properly.

Thanks!

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, I had had an older copy of the desktop app, but I was running 5.2.2. But I had not deleted the other version. I have now completely deleted the old app & am only running 5.2.2. That seems to have solved getting ..gt3[{"Sort" text on my phone. However, reordering tasks doesn't seem to sync properly. New tasks get synced & adding notes to tasks syncs, but the order doesn't sync.

Do you mean the order that you manually change on the list? You may want to check if you have 'iCloud Drive' turned on on all your devices.

Yes. I am manually re-ordering tasks. I definitely have iCloud turned on. New tasks are getting synced on all devices as well as notes in tasks.

GoodTask uses 'iCloud Drive' to sync data that's related to manual sort. It's similar method to automatic preferences sync.

Do you use 'Settings - iCloud Sync - Automatic Preferences Sync'? If so, does it work properly?

Yes, I have iCloud sync on & it seems to sync everything else just fine, EXCEPT changing the order of a list does not sync. If I add a note to a task one of my devices, the note is synced. But, if I change the order of the task it does not sync. I have just tried deleting & reinstalling the apps, but the behavior remains the same.

How about things like smart lists and quick actions? Do they sync correctly?

Yes. Everything else seems to sync just fine. That is the weird & frustrating thing.

Try making a recurring task with ‘Repeat after completion’ option checked. That part is synced together with manual sort.

The task with date syncs, but the "repeat after completion" does not.

Hmm,

data seems to be syncing properly but the settings are not.

1. Try adding a new smart list and see if it syncs.
  2. Do you use same iCloud Reminders in both devices?
  3. What macOS version and iOS version are you using?
  1. yes the smart lists sync. i just created one on my computer. it was under "lists." When it synced to my phone it showed up under "smart lists."

2. yes. i use the same icloud on all devices.

3. 10.15.3 & iOS 13.3.1

1 sounds a bit weird.

Would you send me some screenshots of both devices to contact@hahaint.com ?

it is on its way! i hope you can get to the bottom of this.