Smartlist overdue and calendars today

The list i use the most is overdue, but is there a way to create a list that shows tasks that are overdue and calendars events for the day?? :slight_smile:

If I understand correctly, you want to have a smart list that shows today's things AND overdue things?

My today list does that. And it has these filters

I also have a tag called today (in Swedish) for tasks that I want to keep today until I do them without having them become overdue.

No :slight_smile:

I want to only show overdue tasks, but i also want it to show all the valendar events for the day :slight_smile:

Ah, got it. This goes beyond my brains capacity :slight_smile:

Hi @Ole_Hetland,

Since filters apply on both tasks and events at the same time, there is no way to set them separately. :cry:

Thanks!

2 Likes

Haha okey, mine to :joy::joy::+1:

1 Like

Was looking for exactly this.

I didn’t realize “Today” didn’t show overdue tasks by default. The native Reminders app does this, so think this is a reasonable expectation. But because this wasn’t made clear, overdue tasks ended up being forgotten because they were completely invisible, which had some consequences.

I changed the filter to “show overdue” to fix it, but then the calendar view becomes useless, because it shows PAST events (from the past month!)

Suggested fix:

The Today view should mirror the behavior in apps like Things or Fantastical, where:

1. Tasks: shows due today AND overdue
  2. Calendar events: shows today (only)

Hi @ginger, thanks for the feedback.

You can set up 'Scheduled: Within 1 day' filter to show overdue + today tasks. Either way, normally 'List view' should show you today's event only. On week/month views, previous events may show if you have 'Show completed tasks' on. You can toggle it by tapping circle button on top right (2nd).

Thanks!