A few questions

Hi. Thanks for all the ongoing great updates! A few different questions, please:

1. Is it possible to turn off the option where task input auto-recognizes a word with the day of the week and schedules things into that date? Like if I want a task to say, "Schedule meeting for Monday" and I want that to default to my usual settings (today date), it automatically dates it for Monday. Can I disable that feature?

2. For about 2 months now, GoodTask freezes on my iOS, but not on Mac or iPad. It just seems to lock up and I have to wait about 20 seconds for it to unlock. Is there anything obvious that might be causing this?

3. Is there a way to set reminder alerts for the Birthday Calendar that is automatically coming in from Contacts/iCal?

4. Is it possible to set subtasks so that when you complete a subtask it drops down to the bottom of the subtask list?

5. If you accidentally delete a task, is there an option for a keystroke (like command+z in some software) to immediately undelete?

6. Is there a way to import more notification alert sounds?

Hi @Fuchsia, thanks for using GoodTask.

1. Go into 'Settings - New Task - Text Snippets'. You can choose which ones you want to use or just turn it off completely.

2. Not sure about it. You may want to restart the device or re-install the app if you have preferences synced. Or try 'Settings - Advanced - Delete Local Cache'.

3. Notifications for calendar events are not supported.

4. You can only show/hide completed subtasks with the button at the bottom right.

5. Not at the moment. Normally confirmation should come in every case.

6. No.

I'll keep your feedback on the list to consider. Thanks!

Great! Thanks on all counts--that is all helpful.

Oops--for #5, I actually meant to ask about undoing any last action (not just deletions). If possible to add an "undo" command in a future release, that would be great.

1 Like

Actually, one more question, please.

This has happened a couple of times recently, where I get a calendar event that looks like this showing up in my list. I know someone named Gary, but did not plan dinner with him on this date or discuss it anywhere in mail or messages, etc. It's saying it's from iCal, but I don't have it in there, or even have a calendar that's that color.

The link at the bottom just makes a beep sound if I try to click it. Any idea where these events are coming from?

Screen Shot 2020-12-17 at 6.00.10 PM

I'm not sure about it. You may want to check your account settings in default Settings app. If you're on Mac, check 'System Preferences - Internet Accounts'.

Thanks!

Okay, thanks. Nothing there... Will assume secret coded messages through the ethers :wink:

Just wanted to touch base again about this as I'm still experiencing it. I've deleted the local cache on iPhone, deleted the app itself and re-installed, and updated all iOS, Mac OS, and apps, but it's still happening. It's really limiting using GoodTask on the iPhone as I need to wait for the freeze to pass each time I start it up.

If you have any new thoughts or suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hi @Fuchsia,

1. Restart the device.
  2. Check if you have 6.3.5 installed
  3. Check if Reminders app works properly
  4. If the issue persists, please send me screen recording of the issue to contact@hahaint.com with your device details

Thanks!