A working undo?

Hi, I noticed after deleting something I didn’t mean to that there’s an option for undo, but it doesn’t work. It does work in the Reminders app. Is there a setting that this new user is missing?

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately undo is currently not universally available on the app. :sob:

I'll keep it on the list to consider. Thanks!

@GoodTask

This is such a basic functionality, along with copying and pasting that I cannot believe is not available in v6?!

-What if I delete something? I can't get it back?! Really?!
-Simply Cmd+c, cmd+v not working?! I mean come on man.

I just downloaded this app and was really in love with all the functionality. But right now I am equally disappointed. Because I know that this will get frustrating not being able to use undo and redo, and also simple copying and pasting.

Can you please shed some light on this matter? I have seen multiple times already on the forum where people mention this and you always say that I will keep it on the list to consider. What does this exactly mean? Are you working on it right now or never have? Please share with us. I would really like to move to this app, however these issues are really a deal breaker.

Hi @OAL, thanks for the feedback. Since GoodTask is heavily relying on Reminders app's database, things has changed a lot along the way. Undo was once available but removed due to various reasons. Accidental deletion is currently trying to be prevented with a step of confirmation. Copy and paste can be done by duplicate and I didn't give much attention to this matter yet.

I'm aware that this is not the right approach and it needs to be added. I'm planning to make improvements on next .X update on this with some other things. I can't assure you how it'll roll out yet but let's see how it turns out.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply.
Duplicating is somewhat manageable with quick actions. But undo is just crucial. I have never used any app without an undo function and would hesitate to.
I really was amazed at how you allow users to customize everything to their needs. But these two things are like the fundamental backbones of any app and take the precedence before any other additional configuration options.
So I would love to see them in the app, as I would really enjoy using it. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like