Apple Store Problem

I love GoodTask and have used it for some time. However, now when I try to download/update if from the Apple Store, I'm told it is damaged and won't open. This happens with a few other apps. I've deleted and reloaded with no luck. GoodTask still works on my laptop and iPad, so there is some problem in my iMac. In the meantime, can I download GoodTask from somewhere else?

Thanks, Earl

Hi @babbie, thanks for using GoodTask.

It seems like your iMac is having some problems.

I haven't tried it myself but below website might be helpful.

You may also try emptying its cache and re-install the app.

Thanks!

I think I've tried all the solutions suggested on that site and others. I haven't cleared the cache, however. Will I lose anything useful if I do that?

It shouldn't remove anything critical as far as I know. If you're using MacBook without any issue, it should work like it too.

Thanks!

Thanks, I'll try it. Appreciate the help.

Cleared the cache, but alas, still "damaged." I logged out of store and logged back in. In the process of all this, I've lost the trial version that was working fine and Setupp won't let me download it again.

Hmm, would you try restarting the device? The order could be important.

• Remove the app on Applications folder to Trash
  • Restart the device
  • Go to Mac App Store and install the app.

Thanks!

I've done that several, as well as with some other apps that have become "damaged." The only successes I've had were (1) I bought OmniFocus again from the Omni folks and (2) I persuaded another company to give me a fresh copy (very nice of them.) The problem is clearly with the iMac and its troubled relationship with the Apple Store. I've tried numerous Terminal suggestions. I've deleted apps numerous ways: trash, launchpad, CleanMyMac. At my wits end. I least I can use Reminders to work with the stuff I put together with GoodTask.

Thanks for listening to my sad tale.

Hmm, sounds really weird. There isn't a way to send a fresh copy (not sure what it means too) since GoodTask is distributed through Mac App Store.

One last suggestion would be removing preferences and see how it goes.

Try below and delete preferences file (after closing the app) and reboot, re-open the app.

• Open Finder

• On top menu, choose 'Go > Go to folder..'

• Copy below and move to the folder
    ~/Library/Containers/com.hahainteractive.GoodTask3Mac/Data/Library/Preferences

• Delete com.hahainteractive.GoodTask3Mac.plist

• On top menu, choose 'Go > Go to folder..'

• Copy below and move to the folder
    ~/Library/Group Containers/

• Delete U57829932E.group.hahainteractive.goodtask3

• Reboot the device

If this doesn't work, it may be an issue connected to your Apple ID on Mac App Store. In this case, I recommend you to contact Apple directly to resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Wow. Thanks.

I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Hi, I just wanted to say that I was having the same issue mentioned in this thread and these instructions worked! Thanks!

1 Like