Are tags created in Reminders available in GoodTask?

Hi - I use tags (#something) in Reminders. However, I can't see these in GoodTask. How do I view tags created in Reminders in GoodTask?
I would like to see them on the main screen / panel of GoodTask so that I can choose a tag and see only the reminders with that tag.
Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Luckyfish, thanks for using GoodTask. Unfortunately tags feature that's added to Reminders is not openly accessible to 3rd parties. On iOS, I've added a feature to view it inside 'Settings - Advanced - Read Tags from Reminders app'. This will sort the tags on tag view accordingly with the ones added on Reminders app but you can't edit them. By turning this option on,

• Tags set in Reminders app can be read in GoodTask.
  • You can't edit it or add it in GoodTask. You can only read it.
  • It's read only inside the list (not inside task detail page) when tags are set to be displayed in 'Task Display' option
  • It'll also be set to be on the selected tag on 'Board - Tags' view.
  • Inside 'Edit List' page, 'Tags' should be set to Automatic

I'll keep an eye on this and when Apple opens it up, I'll make it to work fully. You may send Apple a feedback too to let them know people want this.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey there, @GoodTask. :wave:

It seems these may be opened up to third party developers in the recent betas (iOS 15.4 and macOS 12.3). Are there plans for Goodtask to support these if that is indeed the case?

Hi @TylerWince, thanks for the feedback. I haven’t got any related info. Would you share where you got the info?

That would be awesome. Any more details on that?

It's not opened. :cry: I think it was confused due to its support in Shortcuts app. Thanks!

Does anyone happen to know if tags have been made available to developers in macOS ventura/iOS16?

Hey @vcbrewers, thanks for asking. Unfortunately Apple didn't open anything with the new OS. You may send feedback to them to open it up. It might help. Thanks!

1 Like

Just wondering if the beta iOS17 has any good news regarding opening the API to the tags?

Hi @mmoran, thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately there is no change on iOS 17 at the moment. I've submitted a feedback again. It might be helpful if you send one too again. Thanks!

Arggg - Submitted again - even for just us Shortcut creators it'd be HELPFUL

1 Like

I see that GoodTask has the experimental setting “read tags from reminders app”, so it looks like it's supported?

Hi @larbob, no it's not officially supported.

@larbob - not seeing that experimental setting - can you give me a menu/tab location? Thanks

Hi @mmoran, it's on 'Settings - Advanced' only on iOS. It could be removed any time. Thanks!