Attachments need improvement

I have two attachments added to a note (2 x PDF files) and they appear as large white blocks. It would be better if just the names of the files is shown.

Hi @dambox, thanks for the feedback. Normally it should show an icon with file name. Please try restarting the app or device and see how it goes. If it still shows this way, would you give me which device and iOS version you're using?

Thanks!

This is on Apple Mac 10.15.5 good task 5.4.1 (582, on the iOS app (5.4.1) it doesn’t show the attachments.

If I restart the Mac app the problem remains. If I click in the white space the attachment pops up.

• Are you on macOS beta? Have you tried in macOS 10.14.4?
  • Does it show properly on iOS?

Thanks!

I am on 10.15.5 beta 1.

On (standard iOS) the attachments do not show at all.

If this is a beta issue, them happy to test or wait.

Hi @dambox. It seems like you have 2 separate issues.

1. White square showing rather than file icon on macOS 10.15.5
    : I haven't installed the beta yet. I'll check if it's beta issue or not.

2. Attachments not showing on iOS
    : I assume you're using iCloud Reminders lists on both macOS and iOS. You've added attachments on macOS but it's not showing on iOS. Am I right? If so, check below.

• Open Files app and go into 'iCloud Drive - GoodTask - Attachments' and check if added attachment is downloaded on iOS
  • Try adding attachment on iOS on same task
  • Check if it's in same folder on Files app

If it's saved in different folder, it could be due to bug on macOS. In this case, try below on Mac.

• Close GoodTask / Reminders app
  • Go into System Preferences - iCloud
  • Check off Reminders
  • Turn it back on
  • Open Reminders app and wait until all data gets re-downloaded
  • Open GoodTask

After all data is shown properly on GoodTask, try adding attachments again. You may want to manually delete previous attachments inside 'Finder - iCloud Drive - GoodTask - Attachments'.

Thanks!

Here we go -

(2) - yes both apps have iCloud enabled. I have added an word attachement to the MAC app and this appears on the mac in a better way (shows file name). However it is not syncing the attachment - only the task. A word doc is fine. If I attach a screen shot - it shows a partial view - in this case I can see content. The PDF on the original problem has a blank white page in it - so looks like its displaying that. It would be better to show a thumbnail of the image or word icon with the file name to the right as as a suggestion - or just the file name in a list. I created a new task with attachment and the tasks syncs - not the atttachment

I can confirm the attachements are on the iOS device in the directory - but not displayed in good task.!

Hope this helps

This is the image above in the mac app.

Yes, it seems like it's not the beta issue. For PDFs, it shows a portion of initial page like photos.

Have you tried part 2 suggestion on previous post? Try adding an attachment on iOS on same task and see how it's shown.

Thanks!

If I add in iOS it attaches the image OK

However, on the MAC, I get a white banner although the attachment comes across. Interestingly it a white banner this time which as noted before is not helpful.

If I add another *.doc to the same mac task, I does it with the file name (good)

On iOS the new attachment doesn’t appear

I think it's rolling back again.

1. Which file is it that white rectangle is showing? Is it PDF file with large white portion on first page?

2. Have you checked this part?