Calendar Integration

Apologies for teh naive question but how does one integrate Good Task with Apple Calendar (or, for that matter, any tear Calendar such as Fantastical).

I did read the User Guide but could find an answer that I understood.

Thank you.

Calendar events are shown on day, week and month views. It’ll also be seen on list view if it’s scheduled smart list.

Check inside ‘Settings - Lists, Calendars - Calendars’ to see if it has access to calendars. Also each list can have calendars set so check ‘Edit list’ if it’s not shown on specific list.

Thanks!

I appreciate the response but when I try to edit a smart list to show the calendar there are no calendars shown...how do I get the calendars to show in a smart list?

Would you check if it’s shown on ‘Settings - Lists, Calendars - Calendars’?

If it’s not shown there, you need to check the permissions.

Open default Settings app and go to GoodTask. Turn on Calendars and go back to the app.

Thanks!

Apologies but I don'y see ho to tuen calendars on...this is teh screen that I am looking at:

As you can se, no calendars are listed.

Thanks.

It seems like permission to Calendars is not give. Go to ' - System Settings - Privacy & Security - Calendars' and turn on GoodTask. After that, calendars should be shown there.

Thanks!

Awesome, and thank you, that solved the problem.

Two quick follow ups:

1. The calendar events appear in GoodTask but the GoodTask event do not appear in calendar, is this correct?

2. Is it possible to create a calendar event from within GoodTask and, if yes, how?

Thank you.

1. Calendar events are shown same in both GoodTask and Calendars. Tasks are not shown on Calendars but shown in Reminders.

2. You can right click on calendar (day/week/month views) and choose 'Add new event' or right click '+' on date section's right side (Settings - General - List view - Add button) or click + on bottom left of side bar and choose Calendar event.

Thanks!

You wrote: "Calendar events are shown same in both GoodTask and Calendars. Tasks are not shown on Calendars but shown in Reminders."

Thank you, much appreciated!

You wrote: ou can right click on calendar (day/week/month views) and choose 'Add new event' or right click '+' on date section's right side (Settings - General - List view - Add button) or click + on bottom left of side bar and choose Calendar event.

Is my understanding correct that the only way to add a calendar event is to click on the + on the bottom left of the debar and choose Calendar event (i.e., all other + buttons add tasks rather than calendar events).

Thank you.

• button on board view will let you make calendar events on date board with right click. If you add + button on date section header on list view, right click will work on that too.

On day, week, month views on list view have calendar parts on top. You can right click on that area to make calendar events too.

THanks!

Appreciated the response.

Just to be clear in list view -- which is my preferred view -- the only way to add a calendar event is via the pus button the bottom left corner.

Thank you.

If you're not using 'Due date' as initial sort option, that's the only way in List view as you've said. Thanks!

Appreciate you confirming my understanding.

Thank you.