Calendar shows entries from one month ago

Beneath my todo list I used to see calendar events for today. A few weeks back I suddenly noticed that it was now showing events from EXACTLY one month back. Everyday it's the same, events from one month back, not from the day yesterday's list showed. A week or so back I fixed the issue by creating my Smart List again and deleting the old one. But low and behold, it's started doing it again today.
How do I fix this without having to recreate my Smart List each time?
I'm using Mac OS Big Sur 11.4 and IOS 14.6 and I get the same issue on both my Mac and iPad
Thanks for an otherwise fabulous app.

1 Like

Hi @RjwBn1, thanks for using GoodTask. Would you check option ‘Settings - Advanced - Show past events’?

Also check if show/hide completed tasks button is toggled on top right (2nd) inside the list.

Thanks!

Thanks for your reply. I've double checked and "Always Show Past Events" is not check. (It doesn't make any difference either way)
I do not understand your comment "check if show/hide completed tasks button is toggled on top right (2nd) inside the list" However tasks completed today do show, as I would like, but after a month's worth of past calendar entries.
I've been experimenting: Everything works fine until I add or "Scheduled Overdue" into the List filter in edit Smart List.
Any further help would be much appreciated.

Inside a list, you’ll see two buttons on top right. Second to the right, next to 3-dot ‘More’ button is a circle button which shows/hides completed tasks and past events. Try tapping that button. Thanks!

Thanks for the clarification. Tapping that button removes the offending old calendar events but it also removes the tasks which I have completed today. I used to be able to see:

• my tasks (including undated, overdue and scheduled for today)
  • below that, today's calendar events
  • and below that, tasks I have completed today
    I no longer seem to be able to get this combination and I don't understand what's changed.
    Thanks again for your support.
    Richard

Hi @RjwBn1, I assume you have 1. Scheduled - Overdue and 2. Scheduled - Today filters on your smart list.

Remove those two and add Scheduled - Within 1 day. It should work as you mentioned.

Thanks!

Oh - thanks so much - that seems to have cracked it!
I don't understand why it changed but it seems to be working as I would like now.

Thanks again,

Richard

2 Likes

I have the same issue described above, but the solution above does not work for me.

The Smart List is one I've set up to only show tasks which are due up to the current time - I don't want to see all my tasks for later today on it. Using "Scheduled - within 1 day" clutters up my Smart List.

I'm sure this used to work as intended, but now, as far as I can tell, I can either have lots of (irrelevant) tasks which are not yet due, or I can have lots of (irrelevant) calendar events which are in the past.

Hi @bbpie, thanks for the feedback. Would you share your smart list's filter status? I'd like to check it on my side. Thanks!

I have Scheduled-Overdue OR Scheduled-Today.
I have a couple of tags excluded.
It's set to specific lists and specific calendars.
All undated tasks.
No calendar filters.

I've just noticed that when I have the box checked to show completed tasks, all the old calendar events show up. If I hide the completed tasks, the old calendar events are also hidden. Is that behaviour intentional? I can see why people (including me) would want to see completed tasks, but it doesn't seem likely that many people would want a month's worth of old calendar events to be visible.

Hi @bbpie, thanks for the feedback. It seems like it's working properly. Past events are handled similar to completed tasks and it's shown/hidden with the button you've mentioned. It could be useful for others just like completed tasks.

If you want to see completed tasks only, you can go into 'Reports' page or use smart lists that doesn't include Calendars.

Thanks!