Can I add tags at the list level, or only to separate tasks?

Hi, I'm new to GoodTask, so please excuse me if this question has already been answered.

I have separate lists for each work project (about 6 lists) and other lists for home projects (about 4 lists). I would like to sort my Today view by tag, so I can see all the "work" ones in one group and all the "home" ones in another group.

But it is very tedious to go into all 6 lists and tag each and every separate task as "#work". I would like to be able to tag the entire list as #work, and have it apply to all the tasks in that list. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

In any list view, click on the 3 dots up in the right corner and pick "Bulk Actions". Now you can select individual tasks or select all. Once selected, click on the "up arrow" in the right lower corner and then pick a tag (if you have the tag as a quick action). Voilà, all selected tasks now have the tag.

1 Like

Thank you. It looks like this option is only available in the mobile app? I use the Mac desktop app to managed most of my tasks, and I'm not sure where to find this option.

Also, this is only a work-around. What I'm really looking for is a way to tag a list as "#work" so that all new tasks on that list going forward will be tagged as #work, even if I forget to tag them individually. I'm looking for a list-level tagging option.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @rlegates, thanks for the feedback.

Actually there is no way to gather lists as one section in smart list at the moment.

You can sort by 'List Order' to sort tasks by lists or use tags but as you said, this works on separate tasks only.

I'll keep it on the list to consider.

To use bulk actions on a mac, you can simply select multiple tasks (CMD or SHIFT click) and use Quick Actions via right pane or right click.

Thanks!