Default Tags and Due Date on apple Watch

Is there a way to set the default parameters for a reminder generated on the Apple Watch? This would be different than the defaults on my Mac or iPhone.

Hi @mmoran, thanks for the feedback.

When you add a new task on Apple Watch, it'll follow same new task settings on iPhone. If you have 'Contextual:List' turned on, it'll follow currently selected list in Apple Watch to match list, tags and priority if needed.

Other than that, it'll set tasks with 'Text Snippets' you have set which could be useful to change values accordingly.

Using presets with text snippets that you want to add may be a way to go.

Thanks!

Not quite - I'd like to use the Apple Watch to dictate thoughts to follow up on as I think of them. But once it's sync'd back to the iPhone or Mac I want to identify these so I can then "assign" them dates, categories , etc.

Sorry if I misunderstand you, but when you dictate on the watch, you could always add (i.e. say) "hashtag watch" and have a smart list filtering these tasks out. A bit awkward perhaps to remember to say hashtag watch, but it would work. :slight_smile:

Edit: easier is of course, as @GoodTask mentioned, to have 'Contextual:List' turned on and use this Smart list (with hashtag Watch filter) on your Watch. any new task will automatically have the hashtag watch tag.