Deleting Completed items reappearing

Hello, I'm new to GT. I have it installed on MacBook, and iPhone and iPAD. List sync working. Task sync working EXCEPT only uncompleted task will delete. If the item is checked 'complete' before deleting it will RETURN after sync / refresh - 15sec. I have deleted all apps and signed out of all iCloud accounts and reinstalled. Same behavior. The returning 'completed' tasks are not on Apple Reminders app. Is this normal? Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for using GoodTask. Would you update the app to the latest version and check?

If the issue persists, go into ‘Preferences - Advanced’ and click ‘Delete Previously Used’ on Mac. On iOS, Settings - Advanced - Delete local cache.

Thanks!

Deleted iPad and iPhone apps. Re-downloaded GoodTask App from app store. Deleted 'previously used' in setting, also deleted 'local cache' in iOS before deleting entire app.
Any deleted task returns after sync. ???

Do you mean that deleted tasks are reappearing? Would you check after restarting the device?

If the issue persists, please send me more details such as screen recordings to contact@hahaint.com

Thanks!

Hi, did this get resolved? I have the same issue. If I delete old completed tasks they simply reappear a few seconds later. I tried clearing the local cache but the behaviours remains. If I delete the task in the reminders app it stays deleted. This is on ios and ipados.
Thanks

Hi @Glyn, thanks for the feedback. It has been resolved. Would you update the app and check how it goes?

Normally deleting local cache should remove items if it doesn’t get deleted.

If the issue persists, please send me some details to contact@hahaint.com

Thanks!

I am having the same issue. I can delete completed tasks but they simply reappear soon after.

I've tried bulk-deleting. I've tried deleting tasks one at a time. I've tried deleting them on my macbook. I've tried deleting them on my phone.

I can literally delete a task, immediately refresh the view, and have the task show up again.

I can delete a task in Reminders, but it still shows up in Goodtask, both on phone and mac.

I've also tried using using Preferences - Advanced - Delete completed tasks older than 3 months - this seems to have no effect on anything at all.

It doesn't seem to make any difference when the task was completed (some are from a month ago, some are from 2019). It doesn't seem to make any difference whether they're recurring tasks or one-offs. It doesn't seem to matter which list they're on.

I've updated to the latest version of Goodtask. I've deleted local cache files on both macbook and iphone. I've restarted Goodtask. I've rebooted my macbook. And then I've done all of the above things again, and the problem is still the same.

The only thing that did actually work as expected was to create a brand-new task, mark it completed, then delete it. That one seems to have stayed gone, but the others continue to be zombies. I still have over 400 old tasks sitting in one list alone, and I'd really like to tidy up a bit!

Hi @bbpie, thanks for the feedback.

Next update (6.6) will fix the issue for the option in 'Settings - Advanced'. Meanwhile, if you delete the task after 'Settings - Advanced - Delete Local Cache Files', it should work.

If not, please share some screenshots or screen recording to contact@hahaint.com Thanks!

Deleting the local cache files and then immediately choosing "delete completed tasks older than..." seems to work, so at least I've been able to delete the older tasks. However deleting individual tasks, or selecting a few and deleting in bulk, still doesn't work. Even if it's done immediately after deleting local cache files and closing the Preferences pane - those tasks still return within seconds of deletion. Is there a fix in the works for that?

Hi @bbpie, thanks for the details.

I've checked and will fix it on next update. Thanks!