For repeat-after-completion, have the task say "after" instead of "every"

All repeating tasks, whether they are set to repeat on a specific schedule or whether they are set to repeat after completion, show the frequency of their repetition with the following text after the repeat symbol:
"Every x time"

There is nothing to show whether a specific task is set to repeat after completion or not, so in order to check, it's necessary to open the repeat options for the task. My suggestion is that when a task is set to repeat after completion, that text should instead say:
"After x time"
...which would provide a clear, at-a-glance indicator of the type of repeat as well as the frequency.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll keep it on the list to consider.

Meanwhile, repeat icon is different between the two. Normal recurring tasks have the circle and the arrow and repeat after completion tasks have a line coming into the center. You’ll see the difference once you know it.

Thanks!

Now that you've mentioned it, yeah, there is that difference in the icons. It's very small though - even on the largest font setting I'm having to squint to see it. On lists which use less contrasting colours it's even more difficult. I'm still rooting for a more obvious difference. Some of us don't have the youthful eyes we used to! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I also think "after N days" would be an improvement for tasks that repeat after completion.

1 Like