GoodTask adds 9:00 AM to tasks with No Time

I'm on macOS 10.14, using GoodTask 5.1 for Mac. My Settings for New Task are Due Date: None.

Steps to recreate my problem:

1. Using GoodTask for Mac, create a new task and specify a Due Date.
  2. The task is created perfectly. I can see it in my task list on the specified date, with no time listed. So far so good.
  3. Quit the GoodTask app and relaunch it.
  4. I can once again (briefly) see the newly created task in my task list on the correct date, still with no time listed.
  5. About 1 or 2 seconds after relaunching GoodTask, as I'm looking at the task list, a time of 9:00 AM is suddenly added to the task without any interaction from me. This only occurs for the dated tasks created on my Mac, not those created on GoodTask for iOS.

Any idea how I can get No Time to stick?

Hi @jocala99, thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look and will try to fix it soon on next update. Thanks!

Thank you for checking it out! There's a second problem that may be related, but actually is a bit more serious: edits are lost.

1. Using GoodTask for Mac, create a new task.
  2. Edit the task - for example, change a word in the title.
  3. Quit GoodTask for Mac and relaunch.
  4. I can once again (briefly) see the edited task correctly.
  5. About 1 or 2 seconds after relaunching GoodTask, the task goes back to what it was before it was edited.

If you prefer that I open a new discussion thread for this one, let me know.

Thanks for the feedback. When you make changes to GoodTask, it communicates with the Reminders database in the background. You can see cloud icon on top left toolbar when this happens. I assume it might be caused before it’s probably went through. I recommend keeping the app open on Mac.

Thanks!

Ohhhh now I understand what the cloud icon means. Thanks! Please ignore my second problem report - it's a user error. :slightly_smiling_face:

The first problem still exists for me. I did some additional testing to narrow down the situations in which it occurs. It is not necessary to quit & relaunch GoodTask for Mac to make it happen. Bear with me while I re-write the original steps based on my additional testing.

1. I'm using GoodTask 5.1 on macOS 10.14.6. The problem does not occur on my other Mac running macOS 10.12.
  2. Create a new task and specify a Due Date, but No Time.
  3. Immediately after clicking Done in the new task dialog, observe that the cloud icon briefly appears and disappears. The new task appears to have been created perfectly. It is listed in the task list on the specified date, with no time. So far so good.
  4. Do something else to make the cloud icon appear and disappear. I've tried editing a different task, and I've tried switching to a different app on my Mac and then switching back to GoodTask. Both produce the same result.
  5. As soon as the cloud icon appears and disappears from the second action, a time of 9:00 AM is suddenly added to the original task. This only occurs for tasks with a Due Date and No Time that were created on macOS 10.14, not those created on GoodTask for iOS nor those created on my other Mac running macOS 10.12.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks for the details. This will be fixed in next update coming soon. Thanks!

Hello, I have a similar problem. I have 'no time' set. When I create a task, it doesn't have a time. But somehow later 20:00 gets added, and sometimes a reminder. I've only recently installed, so assume I am on the latest version. It is 5.7.1. (630) Thanks, John

Hi @jrbennett, thanks for the feedback. Please send me details to contact@hahaint.com with screenshots.

Thanks!