How to manage assigned reminders?

I'm new to GoodTask, and I'm liking it so far.

One thing I find puzzling though is how to manage assigned tasks from shared lists. I've tried googling and this forum without finding anything.

Example: my wife and I have a family todo list where we assign various tasks to each other. In the reminders app I can of course see this, but in GoodTask I don't seem to be able to see that, filter on it, actually assign reminders, etc. etc.

Please help! Am I missing something? Or is this not supported? If so, why and is there any hope it will become a feature?

Thanks!

Hi @kimpa888, thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately assigning feature on default Reminders app is not opened to 3rd party developer's access. I'll give a request to Apple again about it and will keep an eye on it.

Thanks!

I’d love this feature but not sure apple reminders does much other than stating who is responsible?
I’d like it as my wife gets overwhelmed by the sheer volume of tasks for our business so she ignores them all :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I’d like her to be able to filter the list to show just her jobs and only get notifications about those tasks. This way I can manage the distribution but she only has to worry about her share.
Can this be achieved using tags and smart lists?

Hi @Themikeyd, thanks for the feedback.

I'd recommend using separate Reminders list and make it to send notifications only. You can move only important ones on that list.

Thanks!

Sorry I missed your reply. Great idea but is it possible to use tags instead to keep the tasks in their correct list? Or is that what the smart list would do?

You can do it however you want. You can go into 'Settings - Notifications - List' and choose specific lists or smart list. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi team,
Has there been any progress on this issue with shared reminders? Since I am sharing many reminders with my family, I don't want to be reminded about their reminders :slight_smile:
Not to sound overly dramatic, but for me this is a key function to go for Goodtask vs staying on Reminders only.
Thanks!

Hi @ChrisR74, thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately Apple is not opening an API for this. You need to use separate smart list or list filtering on Notifications settings to get certain notifications only. Thanks!

@ChrisR74 Use tags to mark their reminders. Then add filters to block theirs out??

@GoodTask I’ve managed to set up a smart list for my wife to filter here tasks specifically for our business using hashtags. Great!
However, I’ve set up smart lists for her todos Today and this week. They have all lists with filters for the relevant time frames.

I can’t add the smart list with her filtered hashtags (I assume a limitation of GoodTask??)

I can add her tag as a filter but this filters down to just her tag and removes her other lists.

What would be the correct filter to leave all of her lists but only the # tags for the business list?

Thank you

Hi @Themikeyd, thanks for the feedback. Currently list filter applies above other filters so you can’t keep whole list with other list getting other filters. I’ll keep it on the list to consider.

Thanks!

1 Like