iCloud Settings Backup Issue

The current version of GoodTask (and v5.3 and 5.2, maybe earlier) appear to have a problem with iCloud Sync--at least for me. When I go to Settings --> iCloud Sync, it shoes that "Automatic Preferences Sync" is enabled and shows a last synced date/time of last night. If I manually click "Upload", the date/time updates to show the current date/time.

If I go to "Backup" down below and click "Upload to iCloud", it shows my preferences as saved along with the current date/time. But then when I go back and then return to the Backup screen, the most recent Backup disappears and it shows my previous backups (beginning with October 29, 2019 and earlier).

Hi @TaskMaster, thanks for the feedback.

Automatic Preferences Sync and 'Backup' under neath are two different things.

Currently the time showing on Automatic Preferences Sync can be confusing due to multiple reasons.

Next update is planned to change how preferences sync work.

Thanks!

Thanks for the response. I certainly understand the value/importance of the Sync feature. But automatic Backup of preferences is also important, because the ability to maintain many backups and to roll back to the settings configured at a previous point in time is very useful.

Personally, I only use GoodTask on one device, so automatic preference backup is more important to me than automatic preference sync.