iOS 17 Grocery List

I'm intrigued with the new Grocery category for Reminders Lists in iOS 17, and how it will automatically group items. Will this be brought into GoodTasks when it releases?

Unfortunately there is no new API for Reminders in new OSes that 3rd party developers can use. I’ve sent the feedback once again but not sure if Apple will listen or not. :sweat:

1 Like

Ahh I was just about to ask about this as well. Fingers crossed Apple does open it up to you guys.

@cepenpark There is actually another big feature also that many are not talking about Kanban boards are now in Reminders on iOS17/iPadOS 17 Beta. Apple calls it columns instead of Kanban. Only issue is that the feature is NOT available on macOS Sonoma. It just shows the columns in sections (with lists) still.

@GoodTask I don't see Apple ever opening up their API again for Reminders or Notes for that matter and we would know first anyways because they would announce at WWDC something like RemindersKit or NotesKit for developers. It now seems every year they are bringing another feature from a 3rd party app to Reminders & Notes. And fact that some new features only work on iOS/iPadOS & NOT macOS worries me a little...

2 Likes