Lost all Tasks

I have lost all of my tasks. What do I do?

Hi @1Myrtle, thanks for using GoodTask. GoodTask manages data from Reminders app.

Check Reminders app first.

If it’s not shown there, try checking your account status. If you were using iCloud as Reminders app’s database, check if it’s properly logged in in default Settings app. You may want to check if Reminders is properly turned on too.

Thanks!

Thanks for your response, but how do I make sure reminders is properly set up to perform back ups?

I'm not fully getting what you mean. Try opening default Reminders app if you're missing the tasks. Thanks!

The reminders app opens, but it only has 4 or 5 tasks. Where are the the other 500 tasks?

GoodTask doesn't delete anything by itself. Please check your account status for Reminders database and if you need more help, send me detail screenshots to contact@hahaint.com. Thanks!

I had the same thing happen when using exchange... I've found there seems to be a bug with folder synchronization between reminders and exchange (office365). Going into MAPI the folders are still there as are the tasks, but they're not properly pushing/pulling to the reminders app and therefore not being pulled in by GoodTask. I have countless folders now that have 0 tasks and when I try to drop a task into it they're not saving. When I go to reminders they're completely missing... If I recreate the folder in Goodtask, CTRL-R to refresh the folder will appear in reminders and I can go back to Goodtask and drag/drop tasks into the correct folder. After some testing I've found that if I make too many changes too fast something breaks in the sync process and I'll lose everything. And I do mean everything. Every folder will show as 0 tasks and they'll be completely missing on the Reminders side. They're still there on Good task, but you can't create, drag, rename, or do anything. Almost like it's a dead symbolic link back to something that's been removed.

I was testing out Goodtask as an alternative to the heavy lift of Omnifocus, not sure I can trust the stability here. Hoping it's just a bug between Reminders on Big Sur and Office365 as I really like the idea behind Goodtask. Is there a way to back everything up so if/when this happens we can restore?

Anyone have any insights into what could be causing it or work arounds?

Thanks

Hi @wreed, thanks for the feedback. If you don't see the data in Reminders app, it could be a bug on macOS. If possible, please send feedback to Apple to ask for a fix.

If you can share how to reproduce it with me, it'll be helpful for me to check too. Send me details to contact@hahaint.com if possible. Thanks!