macOS 7.4 choppy updates

Apologies if this is reported already...

On macOS (13.3.1 (22E261) and GT 7.4 I'm seeing a constant "save a task, it updates, then reverts, then updates again."
For instance, completing a task (I have GT set for 1 second) shows the checkbox checked, then it goes unchecked, then it disappears (have completed hidden).

Most annoying and unworkable when seeing a lag in Notes - seems like your typing disappears while it (I suppose) saves in the background.

I've cleared local cache and it maybe helps for a short period...

Loving GT but this is blowing up my experience and hurting my trust in the app...

Appreciations for any feedback and let me know how I can help.

I am experiencing the same issue but in macOS 13.4!!

1 Like

Thanks for calling out your version of macOS. I meant GoodTask 7.4 (no macOS 7.4!) and just added my OS version.

Agreed, I am using GoodTask 7.4 Build 1088

Thanks for the feedback. Would you share screen recording of the issue to contact@hahaint.com ? All types of issues would be helpful. I’ll investigate further into it. Thanks!

Happened again about 49 minutes ago before I saw the above post so no screen recording. Will try again tomorrow as my updates for today are done!

I sent a video to the email address. Appreciate the engagement.

Awesome as I am still experiencing the problem here! Thank you!

Any response or update to this as it is a real problem and very inconvenient!

Hi @Joel, would you send me your video if possible to contact@hahaint.com ? I'm communicating with @AjMcTaskie to narrow it down to what may be causing the issue.

Since this is not a common issue, I need your specifics to know what may be causing it on your side.

Thanks!

Restarting GoodTask seems to stop the problem - for a while. Weirdly, it seems more pronounced on on one of my Macs - the one I use the most.

It's probably the machine I put the free version on...maybe an uninstall/reinstall would help?

Hi @AjMcTaskie, thanks for the feedback. Try below to reinstall in fresh state.

1. Close and un-install the app

2. Delete preferences file

• Open Finder

• On top menu, choose 'Go > Go to folder..'

• Copy below and move to the folder
    ~/Library/Containers/com.hahainteractive.GoodTask3Mac/Data/Library/Preferences

• Delete com.hahainteractive.GoodTask3Mac.plist

• On top menu, choose 'Go > Go to folder..'

• Copy below and move to the folder
    ~/Library/Group Containers/

• Delete U57829932E.group.hahainteractive.goodtask3

1. Reboot the device
  2. Re-install the app

Thanks!

Thanks. Done. Will report back if solved.

I did have:
U57829932E.group.hahainteractive.goodtask3
and
U57829932E.group.hahainteractive.goodtask

Could this contribute to the problems?

I don't think so but let's see how it goes. Thanks!

I have the same problem. This is on OSX 13.4 M1 with GT 7.4. For me, though I rarely get the second part where it "then reverts, then updates again."

Usually this manifests as:

1. I make a change (mark the task as completed)
  2. It immediately reverts (uncompletes)
  3. If I mark it as complete again, then it stays.

This happens for almost every update. I have a video I can share of the issue.

Hi @chris_banyan, thanks for the feedback. If the issue persists after 'Settings - Advanced - Delete local cache files', please send me the video to contact@hahaint.com

More details of your status would be helpful.

Thanks!