MacOS and IOS Not Syncing

I initially started using (and loving) Good Task on MacOS. When I realized that no Todo application is complete without integration with a phone, I decided to check out the iOS app. Upon downloading the app, I discovered that the two applications were completely segregated. The tasks and lists on the MacOS were nowhere to be found on the iOS version, despite being logged into the same Apple account. I fiddled around with the iCloud sync settings, but nothing looked out of place. I tried uploading/downloading the iCloud backups, but still nothing. No matter what I do, the apps show data independent of the other. It appears there are no fetch requests taking place whatsoever.

Is there something else I need to do to get the MacOS tasks/lists to show up on my iPhone? I really want to love this app, but this issue is making it a deal breaker. If I can't update tasks from my phone, there's no point in bothering with the laptop application.

Hi @Derek_C, thanks for using GoodTask. There are 2 types of sync. One is your data (Reminders lists and tasks) and the other is preferences including Smart Lists and Quick Actions. Check below.

• Prerequisite for Syncing
    : All the devices need to use same iCloud account
    : iCloud settings for Reminders should be turned on

• To check if sync is set properly
    : Open default Reminders app and check if it's working well

• For Preferences syncing
    : iCloud Drive needs to be turned on
    : 'Auto Preferences Sync' option needs to be turned on inside app's settings for automatic sync
    : You can manually upload/download preferences too.
    : Preferences files are saved in 'iCloud Drive/GoodTask/Settings' which is used when sync runs or you choose 'Download'.

Lists should be 'iCloud' lists rather than 'On My Mac, On My iPhone' lists which are local.

Please check below website too for more info.

If all are set properly but data is not syncing, try 'Refresh' inside GoodTask. Also try adding a new task or editing on device that's not syncing could help.

Groups in default Reminders app is not available to 3rd party developers. GoodTask manages lists including smart lists and groups/spaces by its own. This data is shared through devices with 'Preferences Sync' mentioned above.

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help! I was able to get it working. I realized that for some reason the reminders iCloud setting was deactivated on my iPhone. Once I turned it on, it synced perfectly. Thanks again!

1 Like