macOS Widget View

In macOS I use the large desktop widget which shows the tasks for the day as well as the calendar entries for the day. The configuration is as follows:

The challenge / issue is that when there are too many tasks and calendar entries to fit within the widget, widget fills from the bottom up (i.e., the top tasks are truncated and all teh calendar entries show).

Would it be possible to reverse this so that the all tasks show and the calendar gets truncated (as I have a calendar widget on my desk iso dont really care if the last few calendar entries get truncated).?

Thank you.

Hi @Joel, thanks for the feedback. To make calendar events at the bottom, you need to use 'Settings - Sort, Tags - Separate calendar events' to ON and change sort order.

But using it this way will change all the behavior inside the app too.

Other than that, you can make a separate list to use for the widget and remove calendar events on that list. (And have another one with calendar events only if you have many of them)

Thanks!

Appreciate the response.

I had and am fine with Settings / Sort / Tags / Separate calendar events = ON!

The problem is that on days when the tasks and calendar events do not fit in teh desktop widget (i.e., there are too many o them), the widget truncates the tasks (which appear before the calendar events) while showing all the calendar events. I need the widgets to show the tasks and truncate the calendar events should there not be enough room in the widget.

Would the be a change to the widget that can / will consider?

Hi @Joel, thanks for the feedback. Would you share some screenshots to contact@hahaint.com ? Thanks!

I updated the GoodTask version last night and that seemed to solve the problem.

I will monitor it over the next few days and let you know.

Thank you.

1 Like

Arrrrgggg, unfortunately the problem is back.

Per the below image, the image lists only today's calendar events and none of today's tasks.

Please advise.

Thank you.

Hmm, would you try selecting another list and see if it shows tasks properly?

Apologies for the slow reply but I cannot get it to display another list; for example, I changed it the tomorrow list and it still displayed the Today list!

Hmm? Would you try restarting the device and try again?

I deleted the widget and put it back. It seems to have fixed the problem. I will continue to monitor it.