New iPhone 11 Pro

I just upgraded phones from iPhone 6 to 11, and from iOS 12 to 13.

I can bulk move tasks... works
I can add a new task in Outlook and it updates Goodtasks... works
I can add a new task in Goodtask it never appears in Outlook and it does not have the little icon beside the date.

Hi @Dseefeldt, thanks for using GoodTask.

After adding in GoodTask, please check if it's added on default Reminders app. If it does, sync between iPhone and Outlook is not working properly.

Yes the three I added today in GoodTask are in the default Reminders app. They are not in Outlook

But i can add a task in Outlook and it updates Reminders and Goodtask

Something might not be working correctly between Reminders and Outlook. Try re-connecting it on default Settings app - Passwords and Accounts. Thanks!

I'm sorry, I'm not following.

I can add from GT and it updates Reminders but never Outlook
I can add from Reminders it updates GT and Outlook
I can add from Outlook and it update GT and Reminders

I'll try anything but i am not following the instructions

If this is the case, there is nothing GoodTask can do. GoodTask can only speak to Reminders, not Outlook.

When you add a task on GoodTask, it tells Reminders to add it. If it goes to Reminders, GoodTask has done it's job. Reminders needs to send it to Outlook. That's why I asked you to check connection between Reminders and Outlook in default Settings app.

You can go into default Settings app and go into 'Passwords & Accounts'. Check your account there and turn off 'Reminders' and turn it back on.

I've tested adding on GoodTask for Outlook lists and it seems to work fine.

Thanks!

Further Clarification.

I add on GT. It does not show the reminders icon, but shows up in Reminders. Never appears in Outlook.

I add in Reminders is shows up in GT (no icon) and appears in both GT and Outlook.

Reminders to Outlook and Outlook to Reminders is working fine if the task is created in either.

• What do you mean by 'Reminders icon'?

• Have you tried reconnecting the account?

Thanks!

Note the 1st tasks had what I’m calling the “reminders” icon.

I’ve disconnected and recommended multiple times. I’ve deleted GoodTasks and reinstalled.

I'm sorry but I'm not getting it yet. Do you mean the circle red arrow points that completes the task? Or green one? Green one is indicating that there is text in 'Notes' area of the task.

There is really nothing GoodTask can do about connection between Reminders app and Outlook. Since you can see the tasks in Reminders app, GoodTask has done its job.

You may wait a moment to see if Reminders app does its job and if it doesn't, I recommend you to file a report to Apple through below site.

https://feedbackassistant.apple.com

I'll check to see if there is anything I can do. Thanks!

Sorry to jump in but there seems to be a confusion about what is what. Here is my understanding: Outlook is outlook and iCloud is iCloud. Two different databases. Both have reminders. If you connect both to your iPhone settings app (accounts...), both databases will show up (with all lists) in the iPhone reminders app and consequently also in GT (being a "front end" to the reminders app). Tasks added to outlook database (whether done on the PC in outlook or on your iPhone) will remain in the outlook database but shown in its list in the reminders app (and GT). Tasks added to the iCloud reminders (Either in the native reminders app or GT) will remain in the iCloud database and shown on you iPhone but not in outlook on PC.

Edit: i just connected my outlook account to my iPhone to try and it works basically fine apart from some sync issues concerning the date between outlook and ios. I know from before that outlook doesn't sync well with ios, particularly to my apple watch.