New tasks not syncing between iOS and Mac

Lately, I am having a recurring problem where new tasks that I create in iOS are not showing up in Goodtask on my Mac. They do make it to the Reminders app on the Mac but not into Goodtask. I have attached two screenshots that show the problem (as reflected in the badge count; however, please note the problem is not simply with the badge count, the actual reminders/task are not in Goodtask, either).

I have double checked all of settings as recommended here: https://goodtaskapp.com/sync/

I also understand that the standard response is "Goodtask goes thru Apple, so there is not much we can do...." If this is the cause in this case, then I must move on to another app.

I assume there is a solution that I am missing. Hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-06-12 at 12.44.21
490CF35A-7F45-4FE0-A195-7800C903741E_1_201_a

Thanks for the feedback. Is the app opened in the Mac? If it’s closed, it does not get synced.

If it is, does getting it to the front catches up the difference?

Hi. Yes, both Goodtask and the Reminders app are open (and have been open) on the Mac. Bringing the Goodtask to the front does not solve it. I added this particular task last night on my iPhone, and it is still not appearing in Goodtask. Thanks.

Thanks for the details. Normally if Reminders app has the data, GoodTask should have them too. This is not related to 'goes through Apple, ~~' thing. Would you try below?

1. Go into 'Preferences - Advanced - Delete Local Cache files'
  2. Restart GoodTask

If the issue persists, please send me some more details about your status including device, macOS version, account status (iCloud/Exchange) and more to contact@hahaint.com

Thanks!

Ok...that worked! I will let you know if the problem persists. Thanks.

I am having this problem again. On both my Mac and iPhone, the Reminders app shows 3 tasks for today while in GT it is only 2. It is not just the badge icons that are wrong but there is a task that is not showing up in GT for today. I have checked the settings, restarted the computer, etc. Please advise.

Hmm, seems weird. Would you share some detail screenshots to contact@hahaint.com ?

Do you use iCloud as Reminders app’s data source?

yes...i use iCloud as Reminders' data source. I just emailed the screenshots. Thanks.

UPDATE: solved the problem quickly via email. Excellent technical support from GoodTask!

1 Like