Notification Badges - Criteria

IMG_0300

EDIT: Original question seems to be answered but leaving for others. I have a new question below.

I’m struggling to create a list that shows only the tasks that drive a “Notification Badge”. I understand that the following will drive a badge:

• Overdue
  • Tasks with a time as well as a date (i.e. Jan 8 at 6pm) so an alert

But there must be something else. I currently have one overdue task, and one with an alert (2 then that I know will cause a badge) but my badge always says one more than that (see photo). I am looking in all lists.

My current filters for a “Notifications” smart list with all lists, are:

FILTERS
Alert
Tasks with Time-based Alert
AND
Scheduled
Today
OR
Scheduled
Overdue

EDIT: I believe I have solved my problem though I’m still somewhat puzzled by what the extra Notification was. I went into Settings>General>App Icon Badges, and changed settings. It now seems right.

NEW QUESTION. How can I make a Smart List that shows only Alerts that have passed. If I set to see Alerts AND “today” I see alerts that have passed and alerts for later today. Can I set so I see only those that have passed?

Thanks for the feedback. Would you check inside ‘Settings - General - App icon badge’? Settings there will change how the number gets calculated. Thanks!

Thank you… NEW QUESTION. How can I make a Smart List that shows only Alerts that have passed. If I set to see Alerts AND “today” I see alerts that have passed and alerts for later today. Can I set so I see only those that have passed?

Currently there is a bug that show filter options improperly. It'll be fixed on next update but meanwhile, you can follow below order to make a smart list.

1. Settings - General. Change 'Type:Date' to Advanced
  2. Make a new smart list with Scheduled filter. Choose 'Today' on Scheduled option. Check 'Hide - Future due date/time'. Check if this smart list shows data as you want.
  3. Change 'Type:Date' back to the one you use

Thanks!