Pomodoro Timer instead of Next timer

I think the Pomodoro timer helps me focus because of the nature of it counting down. I try to complete a task before the timer ends so I focus more and don’t dilly-dally. Otherwise a task that should take 20 minutes takes an hour because I don’t think about timers that go up.

So an idea would be to use the current stopwatch feature of the Next Page and swap the stopwatch with a countdown timer. When the timer ends you can get a pop up that asks “were you focused?” If you say yes it appends a tomato emoji to the notes (optional) and then you can take a break or do another round.

6 Likes

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep it on the list to consider. Thanks!

2 Likes

Agreed on this feedback. I'm a new user but so far loving everything about GT. An integrated Pomodoro timer would take it to the next level!

I've been trying to find a Pomodoro app on the app store that works with Apple Reminders which I think would do this job really well. But can't find one that pulls in tasks from Reminders.

1 Like

Just saw this post from google.
Found a shortcut from Reddit. Not sure if it’s good enough.

1 Like

Looks promising. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Agree. I use a separate app for pomodoro focus, however would be better to have it integrated.

2 Likes

Agreed! The ability to intergrate a pomodoro timer as part of, or distinct from the next feature would just be amazing.

1 Like

Actually looking into this with the new dynamic island thing. Would love to hear more details if possible. Would notifications be enough with the intervals and break time?

1 Like

If possible, having rounds options would be great. For example, 1 round consist of focus time (ex. 25min) and rest time (ex. 5 min). Default is 1 round, but you can change it to many rounds. I am new to Goodtask and loving everything so far. Thank you for your continuous efforts

1 Like

Yes! A notification/chime would be perfect. One of the hardest things to find is a timer that syncs itself across devices like Apple Watch and iOS, so that they all go off and force you back to workThe ability to have that all intergrated into a task specific platform like GoodTask would be a godsend. It was actually because of the Next feature being discussed on a forum that I even came across GoodTask in the first place. I figure that sort of timer thingy would make a big difference to a lot of people. Now I just need to get that iPhone with the island haha

1 Like

Hi,
I’d like to bring this idea again because I think a pomodoro timer would be great.
Thanks,
Katrin

I would like to add my support to this. Briefly looking around this morning for a Pomodoro app that integrates with Reminders and Calendar, my question was, why not make GoodTasks' Next page do Pomodoro? Or maybe the today page, so that you can do calendar events too? To me this would make GoodTask even more unique and with its tight integration into Apple Calendar and Reminders, would make it even more awesome. Yes, GoodTask is and can be more of a killer app!

1 Like

I'd like to add another vote for a pomodoro timer, especially if it can sync between devices and be linked to a specific task or list. I'm using Bluebird for this currently but it would be great to have it integrated with GoodTask.