Possible to display GoodTask's in Apple Calendar?

Hey community,
I just recently started using GoodTask and I'm a fan. Great App!
I was wondering if it's possible to see my GoodTask task (with date) in my Calendar.

I know some apps do it. But is it possible to do it in GoodTask?

Thank you in advance :pray:t3:.

Hi @taptyga, thanks for using GoodTask.

GoodTask uses data from default Reminders app and Calendars app. Apple manages them separately so you canโ€™t see Reminders appโ€™s data (which are tasks in GoodTask) in Calendars app.

You can duplicate tasks as events if needed to see it in Calendars app.

If this is not what you mean, please let me know with some more details including apps that do it.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Thank you for the super quick reply.
The app that I mean doesn't exist as such anymore. It was "Wunderlist". They were purchased by Microsoft, which is To Do now. And it doesn't have this function anymore, unfortunately. "Wunderlist" basically allowed you to create a calendar subscription, a link, which you were able to add to any calendar of your choice.

Is this function maybe something you guys would want to implement in future?

Thank you in advance.

I'm not sure exactly how Wunderlist worked but I'll keep it on the list to consider. Thanks!

Thank you for your reply. I have tried your suggestion of long pressing a task and duplicating it as an event. It is basically what I am after - to see a task in my calendar (and than later to drag & drop it where I need it).

I use a workflow consisting of Apple Calendar and Notion. Notion is my big project and task management system. For time-tracking I use the drap & drop function of the calendar app, which is connected with Notion via Zappier. I love the fact that GoodTask is blazing fast on mobile. It's exactly what I need when it comes to getting things out of my head and into a task management system. Quick actions are amazing :raised_hands: :zap: Being able to modify them trailed to my workflow is such a good idea.

I was hoping I could choose "Duplicate as Event" as one of my quick actions. I wasn't able to find this option. Am I missing something, is it possible to do?

Many thanks in advance :pray:

Iโ€™ll keep it in the list to consider. Thanks!

Hi Taptyga, I suggest you have a look at some third party apps, like BusyCal or Fantastical if you want to show reminders/tasks on your calendar.

I agree it's really powerful to see tasks on the calendar. Lots of people love Fantastical, but I like BusyCal. If you have a Setapp subscription, both GoodTask and BusyCal are in Setapp.

2 Likes

Thank you for your suggestion thefarside :pray:t3:

I use BusyCal. Works perfect with Goodtask

1 Like