Question about repeating start dates

Hi!

I have a few tasks that I want to repeat every X days/weeks, but not as due dates, but as start dates -is that possible? Thanks!

Edit: I have a task and in the edit view I cleared the date and then tapped the "start date", but it reverted back to being due today ... ?

I have a bunch of tasks that have no due date. When I complete some of then, I don't want them to show up until "X" days after completion. But I still don't want them to have a due date. Is that possible??

Hi @Eroxx, thanks for the feedback. Due to GoodTask being based on Reminders app's database, there are many limitations. Start date is only available when you have a due date. Also most of date related things work on due date rather than start date. Start date is useful when you want to see tasks before the due date.

Thanks!

Got it, thanks for the prompt reply as always! Is there an example of a start date you can show me, because now I'm not sure I understand what it does. Thanks!

Check below post. Thanks!

Ok, let me ask this:

Let's say I have a task where the start date is Wednesday and the due date is Friday, and I have it repeating every week, one week after completion.

Let's say I complete it on Friday as scheduled. Will it be the case that I then don't see it until Wednesday? Thanks!

It depends on the list and view you're in. If you're on a view that shows today's task only, it won't show until Wednesday. Thanks!

Ideally, I'd like it in the "Kanban" views, with "Date" selected ... Will it work like that?

No, it’s added to the list but it’s not sorted with start date. :sweat:

Is there any way to make
That happen? Or is there a reason why it doesn't? Thanks!

Well, it's because it's sorted by due date. Tasks are shown by its due date and you can see the details about it on above linked post. What you're asking for would be a different way to manage tasks and is not a simple thing to change within current form. Thanks!