Quick Add for New Tasks

I really like the add window and how you add whatever options you need for a new task. However, I would love to also have a quick add option, similar to how tasks are added in subtasks (task name, enter, task name, enter, etc...). This would be helpful to me when I am doing a brain dump.

I know that I could do this from the Reminders app, but I really prefer to stay within GoodTask when I can.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep it on the list to consider.

Meanwhile, you can use 'Add More' button to keep on adding. You can use CMD-SHIFT-ENTER keyboard shortcut to add more quickly. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you! And thanks for sharing the keyboard shortcut!

I came to this forum specifically to see if this was an option!

I love that type of simplicity as an option, when I need a quick list to reference.

In Asana when I'm adding a task, i can just press ENTER/RETURN and it moves to the next task for me to start typing. Great for doing a "brain dump" as you said @SIGFY

In GoodTask it does exactly this, when you are adding Subtasks... but you can't do it with main tasks, on a mobile device.

Maybe as a workround I'll just give my braindump some relevant title, as a main task, then do my dump in the subtasks ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 Likes