Repeating tasks repeating after completion even when set to off

I have a task that is set to repeat every day, and repeat after completion is set to off.

If the task is due five days ago, and I mark it complete, I think another instance of the task should appear that's due four days ago, and if mark that one complete, another instance should appear due three days ago, etc. I believe this is what disabling repeat after completion is supposed to do?

However when I set this experiment up, marking the task as complete makes the next instance due tomorrow instead of one day after the original due date. Is this intended?

This matches the behavior in the ios 16 Reminders app, so if that behavior is different from a previous iOS reminders app, and GoodTask is relying on iOS Reminders for scheduling, perhaps that's the cause?

Hi @larbob, thanks for the feedback. Repeat after completion option is useful when it has complicated recurring rule which next date changes on either it's calculated from due date or completion date. Both normally should be on the future. For daily recurring tasks, it follows default Reminders app's behavior like you've mentioned. Next task is not supposed to be made overdue. Thanks!