Siri Watch Face

I am a things user and I really like everything about GoodTask and am considering making the switch. I can not seem to get any GoodTask cards to show up on the Siri watch face. Any suggestions for getting this to work?

Hi Jordan, thanks for the feedback. Actually Siri watch face manages the items that show up by itself. Normally if you have an upcoming task, the latest one will be shown on Siri watch face. If Siri thinks it's not important, it may not be shown. :disappointed_relieved:

Try checking with a task that will be on due soon. Thanks!

I have created several sample tasks with due dates in the upcoming hours and nothing shows up. Are there any tips or suggestions into coaxing the watch face into thinking these are important?

Well, I think it depends on what you have on Siri watch face. I'm not actively using the face but I see the event right now that's scheduled 3 hours later on top.

Normally you should see the upcoming 1 item (sometimes 2 but it usually show 1 only).

You may want to check Watch app on iPhone and choose 'Siri' watch face, and check 'Data Sources' too.

Thanks!

Hi,

Since GoodTask based on Reminders app, I only see tasks from reminders app on the Siri Watch Face if I add a task with a due date on the GoodTask. Is it the normal behaviour?

Since Reminders is Apple's own, it shows multiple items right away on it if it's not turned off. Normally latest one item from GoodTask should be shown too.

Thanks!

I hate to revive an old thread, but I can't see any Goodtask items on the Siri watch face either. I have it on in data sources and created some reminders coming up very soon as a test but no luck. Any ideas what else I can do?

Hi @Jenrac, thanks for using GoodTask.

Every time the watch refreshes its data, it sends data to Siri to let them handle it. There is really nothing more that GoodTask can do.

There used to be settings for selecting data sources but I can't find it now. :thinking:

Try adding a new task and see how it shows on watch app first. After that, try editing the task on the watch to next hour and see how it goes.

Thanks!

The data sources option has moved under the settings for "Clock" in the Apple Watch app.

I tried your suggestion but still don't see anything unfortunately. :confused:

Try turning off some and give it a test. Weird thing since I have more than 50 3rd party apps and all default apps except Reminders turned on and it shows well. :thinking:

Still no luck unfortauntely :frowning: I'm on an iPhone 8 and Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS only), but that wouldn't make a difference, right?

I don't think that matters. :sob:

Does Siri pull from whatever Favorites list you have selected for the Apple Watch or just any upcoming tasks? I'm trying to figure out if it's something I would need to edit there.

The data for upcoming tasks on selected list will be given to Siri.

Thanks!

I just got off of a very lengthy chat with Apple support, in which we tried some troubleshooting steps to no avail. They seem very certain that this is an issue specific to the app. Can you confirm that this feature is properly updated for iOS 13.2 and Watch OS 6.1? If so, I can take that back to Apple and go further with their engineers. Thanks for all your help so far.

Hi @Jenrac, I'll attach a video which demonstrates how it should work. It's on latest iOS 13.2.2 and watchOS 6.1.

It's a bit shaky since I was doing it with one hand. :sweat_smile:

https://www.dropbox.com/l/scl/AAD02UrTDFyG4VbzMNBuWlPA1cj1DXGEnxM

You may check if other things work well on Apple Watch app too.

Thanks!

I can't seem to access that file through dropbox. It tells me that a different email address has access, not mine.

Would you try below link? If it doesn't work, please send me an email at contact@hahaint.com

https://www.icloud.com/iclouddrive/0eAPxn-LcNyDgd5Y-ipBEo0aA#IMG_65992

I tried those exact steps but still no luck. I'm attempting a factory reset on my iPhone 8 and Apple Watch Series 3. I'll report back to see how that helps. I did jump around some of the public betas earlier in the development cycle of iOS 13 and I'm wondering if that could have cause some problems.