Start date on quick add?

Hi,

Would you consider add "start date" in the quick add function for the mac version of Goodtask? I know we can set the start date to be today or other days in the default setting, but it would be really nice to be able to adjust it when adding new tasks.

Thanks and really awesome update by the way. Love the attachment!

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep it on the list to consider. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was going to start a topic on start dates, but as this one is close to what I’m wanting to know I’ll just tag on.

With respect to start dates on recurring tasks, is the start date always hard set to the start date of the first occurrence? As example, I want a task to have a due date of the 15th of the month and I set the start date to be the 10th of the month, and also set to repeat monthly. The task will repeat on the 15th of each month, but the start date is always the date set in the original task which makes the future start dates useless. Is there any way in GoodTask to automatically set the start date to xx days before the due date?

Hi Goodtask, it would be useful that startdate can be automatic is set by choose of an sort of duration for tasks in days ...like 2DoApp use this it change not the startdate but it shows up in your today view when it needed.

Hi @GregJones, @DimitryJacobs,

thanks for the feedback.

Currently if you set different start date and due date, the distance (duration) will carry over to next task. For example, if you have a task from March 31~Apr 1 which repeats every month, as you complete that task, next one will be made for Apr 30~May 1.

Thanks!

1 Like

Is there a setting somewhere to make that happen, as I don’t see that here? If I have a repeating task set for March 31-April 1, then the next task will be for March 31-May 1.

Would you check you have latest version? If so, try restarting the app and check with newly made task. Thanks!

+1 on this one, I thought it would come out of the box such as:

Take dog to the vet in April 11

I had stopped using start dates entirely because of this issue, so I enabled them again a ran a test for the past couple days and it does appear to be working correctly now. Thanks!

2 Likes