Start/Finish Day - Turn Off

Hi -

Since the latest update, I get a notification to Start/Finish the day every day and it’s driving me nuts. For the life of me, I can’t figure out how to turn it off. I’ve just turned off ALL GoodTask notifications for now.

Thanks,
Martin

There is a dedicated Today’s page setting (at the bottom of the today page). There you can set the start and end time to “none”. This will stop the alerts. :slight_smile:

When I look at the bottom of the Today page, I don’t see any settings. Can you send a screenshot?

Thanks,
Martin

You may have to scroll up a bit. (Edit: or down .. :slight_smile: )

Got it. Thanks. Martin

No, I did the change but still got the “Start the day” notification is morning.

Hmm, normally it should work. Do you have 'Start the day' to none?

It appears the settings didn’t sync to my Mac. Set it there and the notification didn’t come this morning. Thanks.

1 Like

So the only way to turn it off is to wait until tomorrow. When it comes up again. I don't think you guys thought this feature through. I started using Reminders again because of it.

1 Like

At any time you can go into settings and switch the start and end time to "none". This will stop the alerts.

Agree. Don't see the point and had the same how do I turn this off question which Bo was good enough to answer.

I'll make it easier to turn it off on next update. Thanks for all the feedback. :slight_smile:

I still can‘t find the setting to turn this daily annoyance off...

Suggestion: never ever add tasks to someone's tasklist who hasn‘t asked for it.
I have enough tasks of my own.

I love GoodTask and have been using it for about a year.

Cheers,

John

Next update will have the button below the time setting row. You can currently tap 'Start the day' row and choose 'No Time' on top right to turn it off. Thanks!

On the Mac app, I still cannot find the way to turn off the "Start the Day" notification that I see every day. Please help. Thanks.

Hi @Chris_Godby, thanks for using GoodTask.

You can open 'Today' page and click settings button on top right. You'll see 'Turn off' button there.

Thanks!

1 Like