Strange behaviour on Board view

Hi there,

I recently noticed an odd behaviour on Goodtask 6.8.1 (711) installed via Setapp.

On desktop when moving tasks from the board columns (Data view) ex from today to tomorrow the task automatically switch to another list (every time the same list).

I already noticed a few days ago that some tasks where assigned to the wrong list, I figured it was about sync problems with the built in Reminder app, but I was unable to identify the exact moment that error originated until today while I was rearranging tasks dates via drag 'n drop.

Hi @ironicmoka, thanks for the feedback.

When you drag and drop items inside a table, it changes values accordingly to match the sort option.

You can drop it on the title of the board at the top to just simply change the board (+ icon will be shown). Or you may turn off options for drag and drop in 'Preferences - Sort'.

Thanks!

That's exactly the point: the sort option is "Data", not List or Priority or Tag. If I move a task from the column "Today" to the column "Tomorrow" it change the date and the list of the task.

Have you drop it on the title at the top? If you drop it inside the table, it'll calculate with sort options accordingly.

Inside 'Sort option', if you're not using custom, due date option has priority, list order, manual sort afterwards which will be used when prior value is same.

Thanks!

You're right: dropping on the column title works as expected.

Sort options is the default due date and I was puzzled of the behaviour when dropping a task at the bottom of the list inside a date column. Thanks for the clarification

1 Like