Summer Time change has wrecked my templates

I have built a lot of templates for recurring routines, and I add these templates at the start of each day, week, fortnight etc as required.

e.g. Weekly Home routines includes a "Wash clothes" recurring task on "The Day at 7:00 a.m."

Here in Australia we've just switched from Summer Time (+ 1 hr) to standard time. So 7 a.m. today would have been 8 a.m. yesterday.

I've just added my daily / weekly routines for tomorrow and the week ahead, and the times for each routine are out by an hour. Despite the "Wash clothes" routine having a time of 7 am allocated and showing in the routine, when I add it, it's appearing with a 6 a.m. reminder.

I can't recall it ever doing this before when we've had our seasonal time changes, and I can't find any obvious setting in either GoodTask or Reminders that fixes it.

Thanks in advance to anyone for any fixes or suggestions.

Hi @MrLikeable, thanks for using GoodTask.

Would you try restarting the app or device and then re-add the template? Normally it should add it with the time showing on the template.

Thanks!

Thanks; I had tried that on the Mac I was working on, but no luck.

So following your suggestion I opened GoodTask and Reminders on all devices: Mac, MBP, iPad and iPhone, and synced them all with one new reminder which appeared on GoodTask on all devices. Then I quit all apps on all devices, restarted all of them, started GoodTask, and added the template.

I still have the same problem. Within my template, "Tomorrow", I have the task "Clean Up" with Due Date: Next Day, 7:40 am. When I add that template, the task "Clean Up" appears for tomorrow, Mon 3 April, but at 6:40 am.

It's not making any sense to me.

(I have created a short-term workaround to add an hour to each task affected, but that's not an ongoing solution.)

Hi @MrLikeable, thanks for the details.

Would you go into 'Settings - New Task - Templates' and share the template to contact@hahaint.com ?

I think this could be something related to iOS which may be automatically fixed tomorrow but I'll take a look too. Thanks!

I've emailed one of the affected templates to you as requested; thanks.

The problem appears to have resolved itself.

Last night everything was still out by an hour every time I added a template; this morning everything is behaving as it should / as we'd expect.

I'm wondering whether the new day, after midnight, somehow reset things?

Anyway: all fixed. Thanks for your responsiveness.

Good to hear that. :slight_smile:

I think this is something related to iOS like I posted earlier. I'm not quite sure what the exact reason why this happens but when things like summer time change happens, iOS tends to need some time to fully adjust itself on every angle.

Thanks!