Tasks deleting themselves?

Hi— I’ve been loving GoodTask for the last year but ever since updating to iOS13 have encountered endless problems.

To preface, I do not have the app on my Mac, MacBook, iPads, or on an Apple Watch. Just an iPhone.

Nearly every time I open the app, it takes me back to the first week when I started using it, showing all of my completed tasks. Eventually it brings me back to the current date...

however every time I add a new task, when I close and reopen the app, every task I just added disappears (and doesn’t reappear). Only when I add the tasks to my Apple reminders app, they show up on goodtask. I can complete some tasks, but sometimes I’ll mark a task completed and when I reopen the app it shows it as incomplete again.

I have tried unsyncing from iCloud, resyncing, etc. I’m hoping someone has a solution because I’d like to stop my newly added tasks from disappearing. :frowning:

Hi @hwags, thanks for the feedback. It seems like a weird situation.

First, update the app to the latest version and try if adding works properly.

If you have tens of thousands of completed tasks, the app might have some performance issues. In this case, you may remove completed tasks or use new lists by checking off previous ones on 'Settings - Lists & Calendars'.

If the issue persists, tell me back. Thanks!

Thank you for the quick response! It never occurred to me that I would have to go back and delete old tasks. I deleted a few month’s worth and so far my app is working properly again. Thank you!