Hi everyone. Finally GoodTask 4.9 has come.
On this update, you get much better performance along with new iOS 13 features including multi-window and conversational shortcuts. Check below for details.
- Lists/Calendars order will not sync with previous versions. Make sure to update all your devices with version 4.9.0
Better Stability and Performance
- This update brings much better stability and overall performance improvements throughout the app
iCloud Sync Settings
Comment : iCloud Sync menu has moved up the ladder and became top settings option. You can choose to use 'Automatic Preferences Sync' like before which does the sync automatically or use manual 'Upload / Download' button to selectively sync at your needs.
With all the data under the hood changing, automatic preferences sync has been expanded to 'iCloud sync'. You can choose to automate the process or manually upload and download. Also you can selectively sync lists-related preferences.
Lists used inside GoodTask validates connection between Reminders database. If you use different data sources between multiple devices, you should turn off sync for 'Lists'. Also if you have upgraded your database for iOS 13 and macOS Catalina but you're still using previous OS on some devices, turn off sync for 'Lists' on those previous OS using devices to make it work smoothly.
Turning off 'Lists' will remove sync for 'Lists', 'List Order', 'Excluded Lists & Calendars' and 'Favorites'.
Task properties such as 'Repeat after completion', 'Auto-snooze' and 'Manual Sort' are synced for iCloud lists in part of iCloud sync.
Multi Window Support on iPad
Comment: Yes, it's possible to have 3 GoodTasks on one screen
- You can open multiple windows of GoodTask at once!
- Use Keyboard shortcuts to directly add (CMD-CTRL-N), close (CMD-W) and switch focus (CMD-`) between windows.
Better Shortcuts Support
- Inside Shortcuts app, you can add GoodTask action of 'Add New Task', 'Complete Task' and 'View List'.
- You can adjust parameters based on your needs
- Fix for Today Widget : Notes not following display options
- Reminders Backup feature is removed. If you need to use previous RLB files, get 'Backup Reminders Lists' app in App Store.
- Priorities shown while sharing lists
& Other adjustments and bug fixes
While you may not notice, there are lots of things going on under the hood. I've made an indicator when the app is communicating with Reminders database. On iOS, it's hidden on top of the tasks next to search icon. You can only see it if you pull the tasks down like below screenshot.
Also the indicator has changed to an icon on macOS version to simply inform rather than give distractions.
You don't need to give those icons attention since it'll just do their job even if you're not in the app but it would be nice to know when you want to know the current status.
Hope you enjoy the app and get more things done. Now I'll start working on next update with more exciting new features. Thanks!