Markdown Support for notes & subtasks?

Is there potential to support markdown formatting and rendering? I use links (urls and x-call back to other apps) in my subtask checklists and without the ability to hyperlink it’s quite cluttered and ugly. Most apps in my workflow support and render Markdown and it would be useful to also have titles, bold, and lists formatted in the notes section.

9 Likes

Hi @Brystonu, thanks for the feedback. I'll keep it on the list to consider. Thanks!

2 Likes

I would like to second this request.

2 Likes

Adding my vote for this one!

1 Like

I’ll add my vote, too!

+1 (plus one) from me for Markdown. :+1:

+1 would be very useful

I'll join the Dog pile....I mean the request for MD support!

1 Like

I am very new to this beautiful app, but just registered myself here to give +1 for MD support.

1 Like

I find myself using the Log quick action more and more, adding ever-growing notes to complex tasks as they progress. But having Markdown rendered formatting would be so helpful. So it’s a +1 from me for this feature.

Many thanks for this amazing app @GoodTask. It just keeps getting better and better. Your hard work is very much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @GoodTask,

I have seen some discussions regarding TestFlight betas for GoodTask here on the forum. I’d be interested in helping you test future versions if you have any slots available on ongoing betas. Do I just need to send you an email with my details to register my interest?

Many thanks.

Hi @ajph1970, you can send me an email to contact@hahaint.com I’ll send you invitation when it’s ready. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks. Email sent earlier today.

Markdown would do so much to keep the note field clean, uncluttered and readable, especially when using writeups, extensive comments or URL (for example I use a lot documenting progress in notes or devonthink- and mail-URL in combination with task management).

@GoodTask: is there a chance to enjoy Markdown at least in the notes field in the foreseeable future or is it more on the long term roadmap, if at all?

Thanks. Love Goodtask, work with it every day and it is one of the essential apps in my daily life - can't imagine life without it.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. It’s not in the plan for near future. I’ll keep it in the list to consider. Thanks!

Adding my vote for this. I know it’s in the backlog, but as many customers are requesting it, it would be great to get this into the roadmap, so that there’s some clarity if this will ever come or if it’s better to look for an alternative.

+1 for markdown support!

(include list memo too!)

I am jumping on the bandwagon! YES PLEASE!!

I use the Notes section essentially and would find it EXTREMELY USEFUL and a HUGE UPGRADE were GT to have either a) full text editing capability in the Notes section or b) Markdown capability in the Notes section.

I would be happy to act as a Beta Tester for such capability!

Yes please add MD support :pray:t2:

Me too please.
The lack of formatting is slightly annoying.